Reduced RateFor People with Disabilities
People who have a disability, are under 65 years old, or who have a Medicare card are eligible to ride at the reduced rate of .85.
COLTS encourages you to fill out an application for the Reduced Fare ID card (you can find the link at the bottom of this page). Please have your Medicare card and a form of ID with you when you fill out the application. Please note that Medical Assistance is not Medicare.
People with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, may be eligible for a Reduced Fare ID Card. You can obtain an application at COLTS, or call 346-2061 for more information. A disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, is “a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity.” The term “life activity” could include walking, seeing, speaking, learning, thinking, working, or caring for oneself.
People with disabilities can fill out an application and have it signed by a physician or authorized agency certifying one or more of the following:
- The person cannot negotiate a flight of stairs or escalator with ease, reasonable speed and/or aid from another person.
- The person cannot board or leave a transit vehicle with ease, reasonable speed and/or aid from another person.
- The person cannot stand without major support in a moving vehicle while operating under normal acceleration and deceleration.
- Due to uncorrectable vision impairment, the person cannot read transit vehicle identifications or identify transit stops.
- Due to uncorrectable hearing impairment, the person cannot hear verbal announcements or transit information through either direct personal or electronic communication.
- The individual needs (for valid medical reasons) the aid of a cane, crutches, or other mechanical device to assist him or her in moving about.
- Due to physical or mental condition, the person cannot use public transit without the help of another person or special training.
Or call 570-346-2061
Reduced Fare ID cards expire when you turn 65 years old, at which point you are eligible to ride for FREE with a senior ID card.