SEATS and PwDSpecial Efforts Accessibility Transportation System (SEATS) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
SEATS service hours and areas match the COLTS individual fixed route hours and areas of service:
5:15 a.m. to 12:55 a.m. Monday through Friday (not all COLTS fixed routes operate during this time; ADA service is provided for the fixed routes operating in that time) 6:45 a.m. to 12:55 a.m. on Saturday
The PwD program is available between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., but these hours have restrictions based on areas of service.
Applications and Declination Forms:
Both the application and the declination form must be filled out.
More details about each program are below.
Special Efforts Accessibility Transportation System (SEATS)
COLTS provides origin to destination service for people. If necessary, COLTS drivers can help you to the door. COLTS van drivers are NOT permitted to enter residences or other buildings to assist passengers at any time. All COLTS vans are equipped with a lift to assist you in accessing the vehicle if the lift and vehicle and physically accommodate the customer. The vans also have safety straps for mobility devices.
A one-way SEATS ticket within Lackawanna County is $3.50; a book of six tickets is $21. Monthly SEATS passes are available for $112. Drivers do not carry cash, so tickets must be purchased in advance. You may purchase them at COLTS headquarters, located at 800 North South Road, Scranton, or you can send a check to COLTS and we will mail them to you.
A one-way trip ticket to Luzerne County is $3.75. There is no cost to transfer between counties; the transfer point is the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport.
COLTS' paratransit SEATS service runs the same time and in the service area as COLTS fixed route system. To make an appointment, please call (570) 963-6795. Trips may be requested up to 4 p.m. on the day prior to the requested trip. Trips may be requested up to 14 days ahead of the requested trip time. Passengers can call between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance of the requested trip.
Please note that COLTS is not obligated to provide a courtesy call to the client when the van arrives within the window given when the appointment is scheduled. Individuals are asked to make cancellations as early as possible, at a minimum of two hours prior to your scheduled pick-up.
Click here for the SEATS Rider Guide (updated July 2022).
COLTS Rural Transportation Program for People With Disabilities (PwD):
If you are between the ages of 18 and 64, qualify under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, and live three-quarters (3/4) of a mile beyond a COLTS bus route, you may be able to get transportation at a reduced cost.
A PennDOT program called Rural Transportation for Persons with Disabilities provides a subsidy of 85 percent of the fare, and the passenger pays the remaining 15 percent.
Please note that COLTS is not obligated to provide a courtesy call to the client when the van arrives within the window given when the appointment is scheduled.